Location: Stoneridge OBGYN
Purpose: Provides skilled nursing services to patients under the direction of a professional medical doctor, Nurse Practitioner, or Physician Assistant, and provides a variety of related services to maintain a safe, therapeutic environment.
Requirements: Associate Degree in Nursing and current Ohio Registered Nurse license. CPR/ACLS certified. Knowledge of triage procedures along with clinic, physician office and/or urgent care experience. Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards. Knowledge of appropriate procedures and standards for the administration of medications and patient care aids. Ability to educate patients and/or families as to the nature of disease and to provide instruction on proper care and treatment. Ability to convey information both in writing and verbally. High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy. Analytical ability to gather and interpret data and develop, recommends, and implement solutions.
Preferences: Two or more years of nursing experience. Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works within scope of license, develops and implements nursing plan of care for patients.
- Communicate the plan of care to patients as prescribed by physician: test results, scheduling of specialized tests and treatment modalities, prescription drug instructions and other patient education including procedures and/or disease processes.
- Triages patient concerns via telephone and provides nursing advice. Receives phone calls relating to appointments, urgent care, inpatient admissions, prescription refills and test results in accordance with clinic protocols and coordinates disposition of each. Makes pre and post procedure phone calls to patients.
- Obtains, reviews, verifies and/or completes health care forms related to home health care, referrals, medical equipment and other patient/physician needs. Manages care authorization process and completes insurance and medical forms for patients or assist patients in completing the forms.
- Maintains patient flow and workflow. Works collaboratively as a team member of the clinic staff to provide service to patients and clinic.
- Recognizes patient rights and provides for confidentiality of patient information and for dignity through own performance and in relationship with others.
- Collaborates with other disciplines; promotes and supports research activities; and utilizes available resources to provide and improve patient care.
- Observes patients and reports changes in patients' conditions, such as adverse reactions to medication or treatment, and takes any necessary action.
- Measures and records patients' vital signs, such as height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration.
- Practices safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods. Identifies and/or communicates any safety issues for the clinical equipment, building, follows-up to ensure completion.
- Attendance, promptness, professionalism, the ability to pay attention to detail, cooperativeness with co-workers and supervisors, and politeness to customers, vendors, and patients.
- Other duties or special projects as assigned.
Interested candidates should e-mail their resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to submit that information.