Location: 915 Olentangy River Road
Purpose: Under the direction of a Physician or Lead Physician, collaborates with physicians to provide comprehensive assessment, treatment and evaluation of patients in an outpatient clinic setting; healthcare services provided include care during acute and chronic phases of illness, education and counseling of individuals and referral to other healthcare providers and community resources when appropriate. Responsible for coordination of care for clinic patients.
Requirements: Current Ohio Registered Nursing License. Master’s degree in nursing and successful completion of an acceptable Nurse Practitioner education program. Certification as a Nurse Practitioner. Prescriptive Authority.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works in collaboration with physician in formulating treatment plans for health problems and follow-up.
- Conducts comprehensive or episodic health assessments and develops patient care plans within clinical nursing practice and medical care protocols. Reviews, assesses patient medications.
- Evaluates outcomes of care delivered to patients and initiates changes in the nursing approach accordingly.
- Triages clinic patient calls. Notify physician of need and follow up with patient according to provider instructions as necessary.
- Shares responsibility with nurses to talk with patients about refill requests or medication questions and calls in medication orders to the pharmacy. Works with pharmacy on any questions/concerns they have about a patient medication.
- Works with attending MD’s in reviewing inpatient and outpatient patient labs, communicates abnormal values to responsible physician, and performs necessary intervention.
- Collaborates with the nurse/patient/family/physician/and community resources for coordination of patient care via telephone, fax and electronic methods.
- Assumes accountability for patient care in making decisions, performing and delegating tasks as necessary, and maintaining a comfortable environment for the patient.
- Attendance, promptness, professionalism, the ability to pay attention to detail, cooperativeness with co-workers and supervisors, and politeness to customers, vendors, and patients.
- Other duties or special projects as assigned.
Interested candidates should e-mail their resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com or click here to submit that information.