Location(s): 395 W. 12th Avenue, Columbus
The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for providing health care services to gastroenterology patients. Independently provides assessment, treatment, & education of patients in an inpatient and outpatient setting. Collaborate with physicians on assessment and treatment as needed. Will generally evaluate and treat GI patients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works in collaboration with physicians and independently in formulating comprehensive patient treatment plans within clinical nursing practice and medical care protocols.
- Provides follow-up coverage of inpatient consults for patients in the OSUWMC health system.
- Holds clinics at multiple locations.
- Reviews patient laboratory results and testing and recommends necessary follow-up intervention.
- Collaborates with the nurse/patient/family/physician/and community resources for coordination of patient care.
- Assumes accountability for patient care in making decisions, performing and delegating tasks as necessary, and maintaining a comfortable environment for the patient.
- Provides education group sessions as needed.
- Works closely with GI physician(s) to improve patient care via inpatient follow up as well as access and followup in outpatient clinics
- Meets mandatory education and health surveillance requirements.
- Maintains collaborative care agreement and credentialing through the hospital.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Current Ohio RN and COA (CNP) License.
- MSN, and successful completion of an acceptable Nurse Practitioner education program.
- Certification as a Nurse Practitioner and prescriptive authority.
- Competence in technical, interpersonal, and cognitive skills required to meet essential job functions.
Interested candidates should e-mail their resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com or click here to submit that information.