Location(s): OSU Eye & Ear Institute - 915 Olentangy River Road, Columbus
Provides skilled nursing services to patients under the direction of a professional medical doctor, Nurse Practitioner, or Physician Assistant, and provides a variety of related services to maintain a safe, therapeutic environment. Administers nursing procedures to patients in accordance with patient's nursing care plans, such as sterile dressings, soaks, compresses, enemas, suppositories, oxygen therapy, catheterization, diabetic care, and pre and post-operative care.
Requirements: Associate Degree in Nursing and current Ohio Licensed Practical Nurse license. CPR certified. Knowledge of sterile technique. Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards. Knowledge of appropriate procedures and standards for the administration of medications and patient care aids. Ability to convey information both in writing and verbally. High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy. Analytical ability to gather and interpret data and develop, recommends, and implement solutions.
Preferences: Two or more years of nursing experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Observes patients and reports changes in patients' conditions, such as adverse reactions to medication or treatment, and taking any necessary action.
- Answers patients' calls and determines how to assist them.
- Reviews patient charts, solicits and documents patient histories. Measures and records patients' vital signs, such as height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respirations.
- Prepares patients for examinations, tests and treatments and explain procedures.
- Sterilizes equipment and supplies, using germicides, sterilizer, or autoclave.
- Assists physicians and office staff with scheduling appointments, keeps records and performs other clerical duties as assigned.
- Maintains and stocks inventory of office and/or clinical supplies, as well as maintain inventory and requisition of supplies and instruments.
- Coordinates labeling, delivery, and receipt of laboratory specimens and results; provides information and coordinates follow-up visits regarding laboratory results.
- Practices safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods. Identifies and/or communicates any safety issues for the clinical equipment, building, follows-up to ensure completion.
- Attendance, promptness, professionalism, the ability to pay attention to detail, cooperativeness with co-workers and supervisors, and politeness to customers, vendors, and patients.
- Other duties or special projects as assigned.
Interested candidates should e-mail their resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to submit that information.