Location: 4053 W Dublin-Granville Road
Purpose: Provides initial patient triage, registration, and administrative services, assists with direct patient care, and performs specialized medical procedures of a routine nature, as dictated by established clinical protocol. Assists medical and/or nursing staff in the examination and treatment of patients.
Requirements: High School diploma or two or more years of experience or training in a medical office environment. Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards. Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control. Ability to prepare and process laboratory samples using established protocols. Demonstrative effectiveness in conveying information both in writing and verbally. Ability to convey information both in writing and verbally. High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
Preferences: Current BLS Certification. Medical Assistant Certification.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers patients' calls and determine how to assist them. Reviews patient charts, checks patients in, rooms patients, obtain and record patients' vital signs, and medical history, and assesses reasons for patient visits.
- Measures and records patients' vital signs, such as height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respirations and other routine supportive patient care.
- Provides basic patient care and treatments, such as dressing wounds, and suture removal. Records and reports observed symptoms, reactions, treatments, and changes in the patients' conditions.
- Sterilizes equipment, instruments and medical areas using germicides, sterilizer, or autoclave.
- Assists physicians and office staff with scheduling clinical and surgical appointments, keep records and perform other clerical duties as assigned.
- Sets up equipment and prepares medical treatment rooms. Maintains patient areas and working spaces in a clean, neat and orderly manner.
- Assists with covering front office phones and directing patients to examination rooms.
- Educates and advises patients on specified medical issues within established parameters.
- Assists doctors, PA’s and nurses, with examinations, treatments, special tests, and procedures.
- Attendance, promptness, professionalism, the ability to pay attention to detail, cooperativeness with co-workers and supervisors, and politeness to customers, vendors, and patients.
- Must successfully complete Ambulatory Skills Orientation upon hire and annually thereafter.
- Other duties or special projects as assigned.
Interested candidates should e-mail their resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com or click here to submit that information.